What can this type of drawing be called in proper English? Is it a headfooting?

In Sweden we call it huvudfoting.

It seems like there is no common English word for this type of drawing? I don't find it on the internet, and not on Wikipedia.

Almost all children draw this type of human when they are somewhere between 3-5 years old.

Maybe we have to invent a word?

As we know there is a lack of words in English that consist of two words, so we might as well add a new word to the languauge.

Perhaps something like this could be suitable:


It's clearly not a stick figure, because stick figures have a torso.

@JohanEmpa In German this is called a "Kopffüßler" (free translated: head footy). A cephalopod is a "Kopffüßer" without a "l".

Thanks :-)
It seems like Sweden, Germany, Netherlands and Norway have exactly that type of word.

@JohanEmpa Probably 'headperson' would work best. However, I think that such a figure is often drawn with a combined head and body. Think 'Mr Men' (The Mr Men and Misses surely are known beyond Britain?).

Sign in to participate in the conversation

Welcome to This server is for people in Europe, but you can connect with friends on any Mastodon server in the world.